- International Business
- Concentration in Business Analytics
- Concentration in Cybersecurity
- Course Information
- ITOM Internship for Credit Programs
- Program Information
Management Information Systems
- Management Information Systems (MIS) is a discipline and a profession that brings information and communication technologies to businesses and society. By applying information and communications technologies and systems, MIS solves real business problems and gives competitive advantage to firms. MIS focuses on the concepts and tools necessary for analyzing, designing, planning, developing, and managing organizational information resources.
- MIS emphasizes management and looks at applications and technological products as part of a system. MIS graduates have a systems perspective and business processes in mind. They are service oriented and able to communicate client needs to IT staff. They are educated in people skills, project management, and teamwork experience. Although entry level positions are similar to those earned by computer science graduates, MIS graduates are more likely to move into managerial positions overseeing and directing the design and development of systems solutions for companies.
Read more about a Major in Management Information Systems: the fusion of business and technology.